Re: Re: typesetting fractions

You miss the whole point of the complaints about page-breaking.
Evidently you've never used a REAL typesetting program like (La)TeX.

One wants the program to handle page breaks for printed material
transparently, automatically -- normally FILLING a page to the bottom
margin of typeset material.

Of course, one should still have the option to override the automatic
processing -- e.g., to force an extra line onto a page, or to force a
line or two to the next page (and accordingly add slight amounts of
additional space between lines on the shortened page) to avoid a "widow".

And graphical content (or, for that matter, other particular kinds of
cells) need to be able to "float".

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305