Re: Recommendations for a programming book?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55889] Re: Recommendations for a programming book?
  • From: mtrott at wolfram.com
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 03:55:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

János wrote:

>Can you show, how to include the material from Michael's DVDs into
>the Help of Mathematica, just as Wolfram's book is shown there ?

A few people asked me this question over the last few month.
While I think that consecutive first-time reading is easier in the
notebooks as they come by default with the GuideBooks, after reading
one might want to put the GuideBooks notebooks in the help browser
for easy look-up of terms. So I added a section to the GuideBooks
how this can be done.

Subsection 8.3 from the Appendix B (downloadable from
http://www.mathematicaguidebooks.org/additions.shtml)
has all the code needed to put the GuideBooks in the
help browser. The GuideBooks will show up under Add-ond&Links
and all index entries of the GuideBooks will be recognized as
search terms in the help browser.

Michael