Re: spotlight escape sequences

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58136] Re: spotlight escape sequences
  • From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:44:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Garry Helzer wrote:
> But spotlight, on my machine at least, does not search the Mathematica
> Help notebooks. I assume it has not indexed them, possibly because
> they are stored somewhere (I'm guessing here) inside the Mathematica
> "package". Is there any way to bring them to spotlight's attention?

You are correct in that Spotlight does not search inside application
bundles (which is where the help notebooks are stored) by default.  You
should be able to force Spotlight to import these notebooks using the
'mdimport' command with the '-f' flag in the terminal:

mdimport -f /Applications/Mathematica\ 5.1.app/

-Rob