Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62197] Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:38:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

bsyehuda at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Steven,
> As I wrote before, the problem REMAINS.
> I just installed a fresh SUSE 10.0 on a new computer. Then I installed
> Mathematica.
> On the first activation on mathematica a "sterr" window is opened with
> the known
>
> Warning: Actions not found: delete-next-character
>
> message appearing SEVERAL times  (6 lines, to be accurate).
>
> I used the very same steps I gave in my previous email + the xrdb
> .Xdefaults added to the .bashrc file
> This solves the problem once and for all
> yehuda

Do you need anything other than an empty .Xdefaults and the xrdb invocation?
The only reason I have the .Xdefaults is because xrdb complains when it's
not there, and I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to give it a
commandline option to shut it up.

Steven

--
The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/