Re: Re: Mathematica 1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62193] Re: [mg62187] Re: Mathematica 1
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:38:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 14 Nov 2005, at 11:16, Per Rønne wrote:

> Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know about the Mac version of Mathematica, however.
>
> I remember that the original Mathematica and Mathematica II came
> for the
> Mac.
> --
> Per Erik Rønne

I am not sure what you mean by Mathematica II?
Mathematica 1 was, of course, from the start available on numerous
platforms, though it is possible that the Mac version might have been
the earliest by a small margin. I remember being told that Wolfram
wanted Apple to bundle Mathematica with Mac IIs but Apple refused and
instead Steve Jobs did it with the first Next work stations.
The first part of the above is only a rumour I heard in those days so
I do not guarantee its truth but the second was definitely true.
Of course Mac and Next were the only systems with a graphical front
end for Mathematica in those early days.

Andrzej Kozlowski