Exporting PNGs with transparent backgroud?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60912] Exporting PNGs with transparent backgroud?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 04:06:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is there a way to export a Mathematica expression as PNG so that the
background is transparent?  I want to use such images in OpenGL programs.
If I cannot create the PNGs with clear background, can anybody suggest an
easy to learn/use image conversion tool that would replace pixles of a
given color with transparent pixles?
--
"Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book
cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language...