Re: Stylesheets don't work unless imported.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61151] Re: Stylesheets don't work unless imported.
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:22:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Igor Antonio wrote:

> Steven,
>
> There shouldn't be any problems in doing what you have asked.
>
> First, are you properly editing the stylesheet?  If so, then you should
> see
> immediate changes to a notebook file.  Let's call this notebookA.nb
>
> - Create notebookA.nb.
> - Insert a Title cell (Format > Style > Title)
> - Go to Format > Edit Stylesheet... > Edit Shared Style sheet.
> - Expand the cellgroup "Styles for Headings"
> - With the mouse, select the cell for Prototype for style: "Title":
> - Go to Format > Font > and pick some font that's easily distinguishable
> from Times New Roman
> (You should now see changes done to notebookA.nb)
The change appears in the shared stylesheet notebook, but not in the working
notebook using it.

This is on SuSE Linux 9.3 intel.  Perhaps this is a "feature" in the Linux
implementation of Mathematica?  Clearly the stylesheets can effect the
display of notebooks, and in particular, Title Cells.  This happens with
the stylesheets provided with Mathematica.  I tried to read the code of the
stock stylesheets to determine how they control the Title font, but it was
not clear to me.
--
"Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book
cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language...