WolframSSH vs mathssh and private key command line option

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64602] WolframSSH vs mathssh and private key command line option
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:35:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

In trying to set up a remote kernel connection to a linux machine, I am
wondering the following about the Kernel configuration dialog box.

It uses java -jar mathssh, but mathssh doesn't exist in my Mathematica
installation directory. I do have C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.2\SystemFiles\Java\WolframSSH.jar

Why is it trying to use a program that doesn't exist?

Also, what is the command line option to specify the location of the
private key file?

Win XP Mathematica 5.2.0 Student Edition...

Thank you for your time,