Re: timer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63447] Re: [mg63440] timer
  • From: "Christopher Arthur" <pantagruel123 at aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 01:16:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Probably this is something you can do with a little bit of programming in
J/Link, if you like Java, but at some point you'll need to use your
operating system to run a program at least.  Off the top of my head, I might
think of something where each cell you want to evaluate is assigned a
different thread and link object...that way if one fails, the others will
still run, but then there might be synchronization issues...well, there are
methods for taking care of that.

C.Arthur