Default value for Dynamic InputField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83209] Default value for Dynamic InputField
  • From: robert prince-wright <robertprincewright at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:34:20 -0500 (EST)

Can someone tell me how to set default values for Dynamic input fields:  I have tried Initialization with no success.

Here is the generic code:

 InputField[ Dynamic[ R0] ]

 The intent is to assign a default value to the symbol R0 so that gets assigned each time the notebook is opened. The code below does not work for me!

 InputField[ Dynamic[ R0, Initialization:-> (R0=123)] ]

 Thanks
Robert