Re: PlotLabel - SubscriptBox - Vers. 6: FontColor not working?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83743] Re: PlotLabel - SubscriptBox - Vers. 6: FontColor not working?
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:34:27 -0500 (EST)

Thomas BOHL wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> switching over to Mathematica Version 6 (6.0.1.0) on Linux x86 (SLC4) I
> have a number of problems which I did not have with previous versions of
> Mathematica. One is the following:
>
> ListPlot[Table[Random[], {10}],
> AxesLabel -> {Style["Subscript[f, RF]", \
> FontSlant->Plain, FontColor->Red],Style[ \
> "y-axis", FontColor->Red]} ]
>
> ... does not produce an x axis label as expected. What I would expect is
> a label with a the FontSlant as indicated and of FontColor as indicated.
>
> However, the label is written with "f" in italic, the subscript in plain
> and both in a colour of light grey.
>
> The y axis label (no Subscript) is as expected.
>

> With the same code on Windows XP at least the FontColor is as specified,
> the FontSlant is also here not as specified (but I could live with that
> if I have to).
>
> In summary there are two problems for me with Subscript (on Linux):
> - the FontSlant specification is not working
> - the FontColor specification is not working
>

> Could somebody please give me hint how to get at least FontColor working
> on Linux?

For one thing, there should be no quotes around Subscript[f,RF]. It
should be Style[Subscript[f, RF], not Style["Subscript[f, RF]". To get
rid of the single-letter italics, try StandardForm.

ListPlot[Table[Random[], {10}],
  AxesLabel -> {Style[StandardForm[Subscript[f, RF]],
     FontColor -> Red], Style["y-axis", FontColor -> Red]}]

I don't know what the issue is with the color; it works for me (WinXP).

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont