Re: 3D graphics resize unintentionally when rotated

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81664] Re: 3D graphics resize unintentionally when rotated
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Murray,

This behavior can be mannaged through the option RotationAction.

This is from the documentation

*********
With the default setting RotationAction->"Fit", 3D graphics are
rescaled to fit in their image region at the end of every interactive
rotation action. This will typically make the graphics appear to jump
slightly when the mouse is released.
With RotationAction->"Clip", 3D graphics are not rescaled at the end
of a rotation action, so they may be clipped or leave extra space, but
will not appear to jump.

RotationAction can be set globally in the Preferences dialog.
*********

-David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...