vector function of a vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84696] vector function of a vector
  • From: Dmitri <strukov at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 02:27:18 -0500 (EST)

Here is what I want to do

MyPoisson[sNN_, sphi_] :=
 Table[PoissonEq[sNN[[i]],
                 sphi[[i + 1]],
                 sphi[[i]],
                 sphi[[i - 1]]],
       {i, 2, NN - 1}];

but I get errror with "...protected tag". Here PoissonEq is just user defined delayed substitution.

How do I get around this?

More generally, I can create a list (MyPoisson) without any problems and evaluate it for specific values of the variables by using ReplaceAll operation. However it is very very slow operation. I could not make it work with Block operation unfortunately. This is why I want to have a function instead.

Thanks a lot!