Gradient fill as Background for Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89594] Gradient fill as Background for Plot
  • From: lehin.p at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:29:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I wish Plot to have gradient fill background (from right bottom to
left top the fill color becomes lighter). I hope there is simple
solution but I did not find in the Documentation any example for
this.
I have found a simple nice solution for uniform fill:
Plot[-1/x, {x, -1, 0}, Background -> Lighter[Yellow, .8]]
But I have not find how to make gradient fill.
Does anyone know a solution?

P.S. More commonly, I would like to know (if it is possible) how I can
specify any arbitrary (may be piecewise) function for filling the
Background.