RE: multivariate analysis library

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86496] RE: [mg86489] [mg86439] multivariate analysis library
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:27:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi Claude,

>     There are several ready-made multivariate analysis
> packages : for PCA, see the "MultivariateStatistics`" Package.
>     For clustering, there is the "HierarchicalClustering`"
> package and the built-in instruction FindCluster, with a lot
> ot options (classical similarity indices, etc.).
>     To my knowledge, that's all. It would be nice to have an
> interface with "R", for instance!

There is already an interface for R.  It was talked about
(http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Conferences/6510/) at the 2006 Mathematica
Technical conference by Brian Minor (ScienceOps).  It can be had from
http://www.scienceops.com/Wolfram.asp

There's one for Weka too if you're into that sort of thing.

Regards,

Dave.

Checked by AVG.
19:27