RE: Multiple clipboards

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88749] RE: [mg88741] Multiple clipboards
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 05:27:19 -0400 (EDT)

Why not just open a scrap notebook, and copy to and from this? Then you have
excellent control over the whole process. Even editing the clips is
possible. I do not really see that it would be easier to use these special
utilities you are mentioning. You could in principle build your own utility
inside Mathematica by reading from and writing to ClipBoardNotebook[] from
some kind of palette, but I do not see what you will gain, except possibly a
more idiosyncratic interface.

By the way, I just checked the Office Clipboard, belonging to Word 2003 for
Windows XP. That seems to work together with Mathematica, if you can stand
having the clips also pasted into a Word scrap document...

Best regards
Ingolf Dahl