Re: Color space conversion in Mathematica v6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89008] Re: Color space conversion in Mathematica v6.0
  • From: Robert Buchanan <j.robert.buchanan at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:10:03 -0400 (EDT)

On May 22, 2:38 am, ragfield <ragfi... at gmail.com> wrote:

> (* g is a Graphics expresion *)
> g//.{c:(_RGBColor|_CMYKColor|_Hue):>ToColor[c,GrayLevel]}
>
> It's more complicated for Graphics3D expressions, as you must deal
> with lighting issues.
>
> -Rob

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it is just this more
complicated situation I must deal with. For 2D graphics I am able to
produce grayscale versions of the color graphics. I am now left with
the 3D graphics. Some are produced by Plot3D[] and others by
RegionPlot3D[]. I have tried specifying ColorFunction->"GrayTones",
but the output seems too dark (too black, not enough gray). If you
have any further suggestions or can point me to some documentation or
examples, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Bob