switching axes in Plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96310] switching axes in Plot?
  • From: <John.Finnigan at csiro.au>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:21:40 -0500 (EST)

When using Plot to plot F[x] as a function of x, Mathematica automatically =
assigns the independent variable x to the horizontal axis and the dependent=
 variable F[x] to the horizontal.  I often want to switch this around so th=
at the independent variable runs on the vertical axis and the dependent on =
the horizontal.  I feel sure there ought to be a simple way to tell Plot to=
 make this change but I have never found it and instead have resorted to co=
nvoluted approaches.  Can anyone tell me what the simple trick is, if it ex=
ists?
Thanks
John Finnigan