Re: Looping

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95848] Re: [mg95795] Looping
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:34:38 -0500 (EST)

I would abort it (Alt-.) and then try to understand the code better. Can you
test various portions of the program and see if they work and in a
reasonable time? If you can build up your program in steps, maybe first
using dummy routines to do the inner parts, and testing the actual inner
parts with particular sets of data, you would probably save a lot of time.

You could try to use the various Monitor routines to see what is happening.

?*Monitor*

It is quite unlikely that your program is going to terminate successfully in
3 days and 1 minute! And, in any case, if the program is so complicated and
time consuming you should make certain you understand the validity of the
code.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Jeff Albert [mailto:albertj001 at hawaii.rr.com]

I have a program written in Mathematica that has been running now for about
three days.  How can I tell if it's in a loop?