Re: including specific values in parametric plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101482] Re: [mg101417] including specific values in parametric plots
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 07:12:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Michael
Young<michaelcharlesyoung at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Can I, (or how would I), instruct Mathematica's ParametricPlot and
> ParametricPlot3D symbols to include specific values within the
> parameter set, (to be located at the geometric boundaries)?
> Further, if the precise location of a boundary is only known after
> parameter X is given; is there a way (based on that information) to
> instruct ParametricPlot3D to include a specific value within the range
> of the second parameter, Y?

You might be able to accomplish what you want by fiddling with
the MaxRecursion and PlotPoints options.  The primary difficulty
there is that you might increase the computation globally, while
only the problem is really local.  You might need to get into
programming with Graphics primitives, but it is really hard to
know without a bit more precise information.

Mark McClure