another Epilog LogPlot problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101775] another Epilog LogPlot problem
  • From: MarkK <brac71 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:22:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I am wondering how to overlay a LogPlot onto a
LogProbabilityDensity histogram, and have the correct scaling.
I.e., if I make a "LogProbabilityDensity"-typed histogram
 (with appropriate PlotRange including Log10[{ymin, ymax}]),
then trying to plot a function on top of that using
  Epilog -> First@LogPlot[{P[x]}, {x,xmin,xmax}, PlotRange ->
{{xmin,xmax}, {ymin, ymax}}]
gives me an incorrectly scaled plot on top of the histogram.

How can I fix this?  Should making a LogPlot of a function over a Log-
histogram be so difficult?

thanks, --Mark [mkel at risoe dot dtu dot dk]