Re: Invisible - misleading documentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101875] Re: Invisible - misleading documentation
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 06:02:33 -0400 (EDT)

I wouldn't consider this a bug.  The documentation doesn't say
anything other than that the contents of Invisible are not visible.
It does not say that they are inactive.  In general, implementations
of functions in Mathematica adhere to the descriptions in the
documentation which serve as their design document.  Another aspect of
this is that if you find a behavior of a function that, though
possibly useful to you, which is not documented, then you generally
should not completely count on it being preserved in future versions
of Mathematica.

But, for reporting bugs you should use support at wolfram.com.

Best,
David