Product::write : Tag List is Protected Error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101888] Product::write : Tag List is Protected Error
  • From: Tuhina Singh <tuhina.singh at rmilindia.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:21:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I am a newbie to mathematica and I am encountering following error in my first program written in this package.

$Recursion Limit::reclim : Recursion depth of 256 exceeded.
General:: Stop: Further output of $RecursionLimit::reclim would be suppressed during this calculation.
Product::write : Tag List in (...) is protected.
General:: Stop: Further output of Product::write  would be suppressed durin g this calculation.

 Have spent two days trying to figure it out but unable to resolve this. I tried to use this code at the beginning hoping to resolve but with no success:

Off[Protect::Locked];
Off[Attributes::Locked];
Unprotect[List];

Am using "product" symbol in my program where this error is occurring. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Tuhina
Tuhina Singh
Siddhesh Capital Market Services Pvt Ltd.
122, Maker Chambers III, 12th Floor
Nariman POint
Mumbai - 400 021

Tel (D): 91-22-4057 0322