Histogram plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101878] Histogram plot
  • From: Karthik Sridhara <karthik.sridhara at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:20:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Everyone,

I need some help with the histogram plot. I have 3 different sets
(lists to be specific) of data that are to be plotted on the same
graph (no overlap or stacked plots); This has to be done is such a way
that the 3 different sets need to have the same range which is from 0
to 3.5. All I want was to be able to plot all these 3 sets of data
next to each other without using "overlapped" or "stacked"; the code
is posted below. I may not be able to share the picture or data
because it is confidential to the company/University. So after
plotting, the plot should look like (on the x-axis) 0 to 3.5 graph 1,
0 to 4.5 graph 2, 0 to 6.5 graph 3 next to each other. If you look at
the BarChart help in Mathematica 7, the end result of my plot should
look like the third plot (with ChartLabel) on the help page.

Hope I was clear with the explanation.

Thanks a lot in advance,
--Karthik Sridhara

Mathematica code (this is for stacked though):

Table[Histogram[ { AllWafers[[All, 7]], AllWafers[[All, 11]], AllWafers
[[All, 3]] }, {0.2}, ChartLayout-> l, PlotRange->All ], {l,
{"Stacked"}} ]

Additional Info:
AllWafers is a variable for 1D list that has the data points.
I am using Mathematica 7 for students
7, 11 and 3 are the specific columns in the AllWafers list that are to
be plotted.