Is there a way to make my dynamic notbook content "verifyable"?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102027] Is there a way to make my dynamic notbook content "verifyable"?
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hello MathGroup:

I have some a notebook that contains calls to Dynamic[] and Locator[].
But I cannot show it to someone else who has Mathematica Player. Her is a
simple one-line test program from the help for Locator[]:

DynamicModule[{p = {0.5, 0.5}}, {Graphics[Locator[Dynamic[p]],
PlotRange -> 2], Dynamic[p]}]

When my colleague runs a notebook with this in Mathematica player, they get
the following message. :-(

This dynamic content could not be displayed in Mathematica Player.

To display this content requires Mathematica.

Mathematica Player can only display verified special dynamic content
(e.g. from the Wolfram Demonstrations Project).

Is there any method for me to take content like this (Which does not
use Manipulate[]) and make it "verified" (i.e. where someone can run
it from Mathematica Player V7)? I would be loathe to submit all of my
notebooks to the Demonstrations project.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards..

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory