Re: Mathematica Animations by High School Students

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102023] Re: [mg101996] Mathematica Animations by High School Students
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:53:07 -0400 (EDT)

Neat stuff, and impressive for only 75 minutes' exposure to Mathematica.

As to export from Animate: even if one uses AnimationRepetitions -> 1
that seems to be ignored in the exported video, as for example with:

   Animate[Plot[Sin[a x], {x,0,8Pi}], {a,0.1,2}, AnimationRepetitions->1]
   Export["wave.swf", %]

The exported video runs forever. (And likewise with Manipulate.)  The
same thing happens even with:

   ListAnimate[Table[Plot[Sin[a x],{x,0,8Pi}],
        {a,0.1,2,0.1}],AnimationRepetitions->1]
   Export["newwave.swf", %]

This seems to be a bug.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu