ViewVector->{0,0,0}

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102104] ViewVector->{0,0,0}
  • From: Otto Murphy <obott0 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 05:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

I want to plot points in 3d space which will represent stars, and then
make a visualization that shows these stars from the position of an
observer on the surface of a planet which will also have an absolute
position in 3d space. I was toying with the idea of repositioning the
camera to achieve this...

I get weird behavior when I use a view vector of magnitude 0:

Graphics3D[Point[{0, 1, 1}], ViewVector -> {0, 0, 0}, Axes -> True,
 AxesLabel -> {x, y, z}]

Anyone have any ideas?