Re: InputField in Dialog or Document Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99568] Re: InputField in Dialog or Document Windows
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:15:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> The following allows entry into the input field. However, the main notebook
> is inactivated for any evaluation. For example type 1 + 1 into the main
> notebook and try to evaluate it.

same for me, it looks like a bug to me. Maybe it is one of those
combinations
that John Fultz mentioned as "having problems" in another recent post...

> CreateDialog[InputField[],
>
>   Modal -> False,
>
>   WindowFrame -> "Normal",
>
>   WindowElements -> {"MagnificationPopUp"},
>
>   WindowFrameElements -> {"CloseBox", "ResizeArea"},
>
>   WindowSize -> All,
>
>   WindowFloating -> True,
>
>   WindowClickSelect -> True,
>
>   Editable -> True];
>

> Another problem is that pressing Enter to accept the InputField content
> causes the entire Dialog window to close. InputField and CreateDialog
> conflict with each other.

I think this can be cured with setting the following Option for
CreateDialog (of course you can set it to something else, it just
shouldn't contain the default action for the return key):

NotebookEventActions -> {}

it doesn't help much, since shift-return still doesn't work in the
calling notebook...

hth,

albert