Why "InputForm[x,NumberMarks->False]" can not return correctly in my

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99848] Why "InputForm[x,NumberMarks->False]" can not return correctly in my
  • From: ichi <mune9518 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 05:20:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hellow,
I understand that result for "InputForm[x,NumberMarks->False]"
is to return without number mark " ` ".
But my Mathematica HelpBrowser does not return that way.
It returns as almost same as undefined function.
So I checked a web site.The name of the site is
"Numerical Precision - Wolfram Mathematica Documentation Center".
There is a difference between my help browser's content and the
documentation center's .
Content in the Documentation Center is below.

In[13]:=  N[Pi,20]
Out[13]= 3.1415926535897932385
In[14]:= InputForm[%]
Out[14]//InputForm=
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028842`20
In[15]:= InputForm[%,NumberMarks->False]
Out[15]//InputForm=
3.14159265358979323846

Above result is the same as my expectation.
But in my Mathematica HelpBrowser,
"InputForm[%,NumberMarks->False]" is still remained in output, and a
value
with " ` " mark is substituted only for "%".
That value is corresponding to the value of above "InputForm Out
[14]" .
I think result of HelpBrowser is essentially same between my own and
Wolfram's Documentation Center's in the web site.

What should I do to get the correct answer in my HelpBrowser ?