Re: Can I determine which method NMinimize used when Method->Automatic?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100092] Re: Can I determine which method NMinimize used when Method->Automatic?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:41:47 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/22/09 at 1:48 AM, barrywark at gmail.com (Barry Wark) wrote:

>When I don't explicitly choose a method for NMinimize (i.e.
>Method->Automatic), is there any way to find out what method was chosen?

The method chosen depends on details of the expression you are
trying to minimize. More information can be found using the
Documentation Center and entering the following in the search box

tutorial/ConstrainedOptimizationGlobalNumerical

Other useful references include:

tutorial/ConstrainedOptimizationOverview
tutorial/UnconstrainedOptimizationOverview