Re: contourplot in xy plane of Graphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103123] Re: contourplot in xy plane of Graphics3D
  • From: Tobias Baumann <ttobsen at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 06:00:59 -0400 (EDT)

David Park schrieb:
> Tobias,
>
> I would be helpful if you gave an explicit example of the kind of graphic
> you wanted. I assume that you want to combine the contour plot with other
> objects or surfaces.

That's right. I've got 4 rectangular shaped polygons in a Graphics3D.
These 4 polygons are moveable surfaces.

Now I calculate how the surfaces are overlapping with a function.
Because this plot is too confusing, I want to show the function on the
bottom of the plot (the function is only a cross, with an Gauß-Profile
each).

I made some experiments with ColorFunction and it looks good. I'll
present the solution if it works.