Re: Re: FromCharacterCode

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106649] Re: [mg106900] Re: FromCharacterCode
  • From: Jason Ledbetter <jasonbrent at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:42:54 -0500 (EST)

One small addition here.. this can also happen if there isn't an equivalent
character in your code page.

The character conversion stuff in windows is fairly odd and sometimes you
can't even get a proper display even if you have a font that supports the
character if the code page isn't both installed/enabled on windows -and-
windows is booted with that code page as it's primary...

(so sayeth my old recollections on troubleshooting character conversion
issues in a NAS product between hebrew/windows and a server-side virus
scanning engine...)

Solution: don't use windows. :-)

-jbl