Re: Sneaky white space

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113418] Re: Sneaky white space
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 05:34:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Oct 26, 4:37 am, Sam Takoy <sam.ta... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working nicely along, when all of a sudden Mathematica tells me that
> essentially it can't NIntegrate[Cos[a], {a, -Pi, Pi}]. After 30 minutes
> of searching, I discover that I have an invisible TextCell[""] attached
> to the expression.
>
> First of all, I don't know what I did to put it there. What DID I do?
> Some inadvertent Ctrl-Key combination?
>
> Second, TextCell[""] is mostly invisible and hard to find. Is there a
> way to make it visible or to find it more easily?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Sam

1. Inadvertently include an Alt+7?
2. Were you copying and pasting? (Use shortcuts Ctrl+L and Ctrl+Shift
+L to automatically input the last output and input the last input,
respectively)

Copying and pasting between traditional form and standard form have
given me similar problems, which is why I always tell my students to
work in standard form.

-RG