Re: Importing data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113474] Re: Importing data
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 04:37:37 -0400 (EDT)

In addition to prior suggestions, you might consider processing the file
before giving it to Mathematica.  From your file description, it seems that
very simple grep rules could insert commas into the correct positions,
transforming your file into csv format. On a Mac, I would use the free
'TextWrangler' to do this. Another approach would be to use a string
processing language (such as Perl) to convert the file.