Re: Getting TraditionalForm to put in a multiplication sign.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120740] Re: Getting TraditionalForm to put in a multiplication sign.
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 04:20:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
But * is not the traditional multiplication sign! It's computer geekese for multiplication. The traditional (explicit) multiplication sign is either a center dot or else a small x-shaped cross. On 8/7/11 6:15 AM, Frank K wrote: > For purposes of exporting Mathematica expressions to other software, > it would be useful to have a multiplication sign (*) in > TraditionalForm instead of a space. For example, x * y * (w + z) > instead of x y (w + z). Anybody know how to do this? > -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H) University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801 Amherst, MA 01003-9305