import issue

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123801] import issue
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 03:01:55 -0500 (EST)

Dear Group:
I am having trouble importing large files from Excel (or csv) into Mathematica. The program gets stuck or crashes.
(Mathematica 8.01, a 36 RAM  computer).

By large I am meaning  50 000 + rows, never too many columns (let's say 100 or less).

I've tried several forms to overcome the problem, to no avail. But I am sure there is an easy solution.

Can somebody out there help?

Best
Francisco