Re: Printing Mathematica Notebooks and WYSIWYG

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123829] Re: Printing Mathematica Notebooks and WYSIWYG
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 06:56:43 -0500 (EST)

On 12/20/2011 2:01 AM, Armand Tamzarian wrote:

> As I wrote to someone who emailed me today, it beggars belief that
> this could be so complex if Mathematica is genuinely intended to be a useful
> tool for making print ready documents -- or even a useful tool for
> print, period.

Print documents are so old fashioned in this day of cloud and web
computing.

I hardly print anything any more. My printer is still new, as almost
everything I view, compute and work with is done on the screen directly.

This is what the world is moving to. Active and interactive documents that
live on the computer screen is the future.

Once I am used now to CDF documents, I find static plots and static
diagrams so boring and even annoying since I can't reach out and
manipulate it :)

--Nasser