Re: Mathematica daily WTF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115122] Re: Mathematica daily WTF
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 04:24:04 -0500 (EST)

> I don't know what you mean by convenient syntax, then. Is Mathematica's
> syntax more convenient than any other CAS?

Obviously I meant that it is convenient to have a syntax that is intuitive, familiar and relatively easy to learn, even if it sometimes misleads people who do not wish to get too deeply into the structure of the language.

I would say Mathematica is probably more successful than any other comparable CAS, with possibly only one exception. It's pointless to argue why it is so, but in my particular case the programming language has certainly something to do with it.

AK=