Permanently install GenomeData

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115162] Permanently install GenomeData
  • From: Koslicki <koslicki at math.psu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 03:55:44 -0500 (EST)

Due to the slowness of the Wolfram Research data server, does anyone
know how to get Mathematica to permanently install data? For example,
evaluating GenomeData["SCNN1A", "FullSequence"]; takes forever due to
having to reinstall the data each time I start Mathematica.

I would like the behavior to be like CUDAResourcesInstall[] where it
installs the necessary data, and doesn't have to reinstall it each
time you restart Mathematica; yet you can call
CUDAResourcesInstall[Update -> True] if you would like to have it
updated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks