Re: Read last expression in a file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116053] Re: Read last expression in a file?
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 03:22:57 -0500 (EST)

If you are working on unix/linux/os x and your output file contains one expression per line, you could use something like

ReadList["!tail outputfile", Expression]

where outputfile is the name of your output file. This basically calls the external command tail which is a program on unix/linux that displays the last few lines of a file.

I'm not familiar with windows so I don't what the windows equivalent of tail would be.

Heike.