MathGroup Archive 2011

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Convenient way to add inline formatting to usage Messages

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119766] Convenient way to add inline formatting to usage Messages
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 05:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com

Usage Messages of built-in functions have embedded in-line formatting. For example:

In[1]:= AiryAiPrime::usage // FullForm
Out[1]//FullForm=
"\!\(\*RowBox[{\"AiryAiPrime\", \"[\", StyleBox[\"z\", \"TI\"], \"]\"}]\) gives the derivative of the Airy function \!\(\*RowBox[{SuperscriptBox[\"Ai\", \"\[Prime]\"], \"(\", StyleBox[\"z\", \"TI\"], \")\"}]\). "

One can see that this in-line formatting is based on the set of styles defined in "Styles for Inline Formatting" section of the Core.nb stylesheet. But I have not found any description of these styles as well as any description of the convenient way to add formatting to usage Messages.

What is the convenient way to add in-line formatting to user-defined usage Messages in Mathematica? What are the usage rules of default styles for in-line formatting defined in the Core.nb stylesheet? I would like to add in-line formating for messages in my package just with Mathematica, without installing additional components like Workbench etc.

• Prev by Date: Re: Meshshading
  • Next by Date: Re: Meshshading
  • Previous by thread: Re: Graphics not displayed
  • Next by thread: Re: Convenient way to add inline formatting to usage Messages