Re: Mathematica Navigator in Documentation Center - high processor load

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116967] Re: Mathematica Navigator in Documentation Center - high processor load
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 05:41:40 -0500 (EST)

I had serious issues in the past with Mathematica on Linux boxes. At
one point there was an issue with some Java libraries that Wolfram
made available or Mathematica 7 (Search the group for Linux and
documentation centre and I'm sure the Java library thing will come
up). The other had something to do with QT and KDE.

Long story short, I could never open up anything in documentation
centre without crashing my PC. Therefore, purchased Mac.

Problem was solved, although I still have odd behaviour in the
documentation centre for WaveletListPlot. If I open "Options >
Method", one of my CPU's cores gets pegged and I have to kill the
session. Sorry I couldn't help, but just wanted to let you know you're
not the only one out there has seen these issues....