Re: Mathematica Navigator in Documentation Center - high processor load

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116961] Re: Mathematica Navigator in Documentation Center - high processor load
  • From: "Chris Degnen" <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 05:40:35 -0500 (EST)

I had a few problem like that trying to read chapter 11.2.5,'More
about Dynamics'.  I seem to have fixed the problem by opening the
notebook in question: 11Dynamics.nb, directly from its directory
under Application Data\Mathematica\Applications (perhaps elsewhere
on Mac), deleting all the output (Cell menu - Delete All Output),
and re-evaluating the notebook.

It still sticks sometimes when opened from the Documentation Center.
No problems if it's opened directly from the Applications directory
though, so that's quite an acceptable way to read the book.