Re: what's new in 8.0.1?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117201] Re: what's new in 8.0.1?
  • From: Helen Read <readhpr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:34:12 -0500 (EST)

On 3/10/2011 4:01 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> On 3/10/2011 6:10 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
>
>> ... the bug where Mathematica saves the current opened notebook in
>> a folder which is not the same folder the notebook is opened from
>> is still there not fixed.
>>
>> If I open notebook A from folder A/, then open notebook B from
>> folder B/, then if want to save notebook B (File->Save), Mathematica
>> will automatically put it in folder A/ instead of folder B/.
>>
>> I do not understand how could I be the only person who sees this problem :)
>>
>> Here is my original post on this.
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/b594974c453c4f8e
>
> I'm not seeing that peculiar save behavior. Mathematica 8.0.1 under
> Windows XP.

I think he he means File->SaveAs for notebook B. The SaveAs dialog opens
up folder A instead of folder B. I have misplaced files this way. I will
do SaveAs in order to make a copy of a file -- intending it go in the
same folder where the original lives -- and the copy ends up in some
other folder. It's confusing, to say the least.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont