Learning maths with mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117195] Learning maths with mathematica
  • From: "Berthold Hamburger" <b-hamburger at artinso.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:33:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am going to fulfil a lifelong dream and  will embark on a long distance
physics university course in autumn after spending most of my working life
as a professional musician in the abstract world of music. For this
endeavour I have to brush up and recover my long lost maths basics.

After discovering and trying out Mathematica I have purchased the home
version of this amazing program which, after spending some time with it, I
consider to be the swiss knife of everything.

I would like to ask for recommendations about what would be the best way to
use the program for the process of studying and practising maths. Are there
any course books available that would outline a path to be followed in
combination with using Mathematica? I am currently studying Jerry P. King's
"Mathematics in 10 lessons" to get the basics back, but I am a little
overwhelmed by the amount of topics that have to be covered and would
appreciate some recommendations in terms of organizing my studies with the
help of Mathematica.

Regards

Berthold Hamburger

--