Converting a list of strings to a single space-delimited string

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122780] Converting a list of strings to a single space-delimited string
  • From: Andrew DeYoung <adeyoung at andrew.cmu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 06:53:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I know that the command StringSplit can be used to convert a single
space-delimited string to a list of strings.  For example,

B = "1 2 3";
mylist = StringSplit[B]

gives a list mylist such that mylist = {"1", "2", "3"}.

But what if I would like to go in the reveres direction -- convert
{"1", "2", "3"} to "1 2 3"?  Is there a good way to do this, other
than using a For loop and concatenating the elements of the list
together?

Thanks so much.

Andrew DeYoung
Carnegie Mellon University