Workaround for AspectRatio instability

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121399] Workaround for AspectRatio instability
  • From: "Christopher O. Young" <cy56 at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 05:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

By setting the AspectRatio to 2 and using SphericalRegion -> True, I'm able
to keep the plot from changing shape and size pretty well. But I should be
able to do this with the AspectRatio set to 1. Somehow, stretching out the
framing box for the whole plot suceeds in keeping the bounding box cubic.

There's a picture at
http://home.comcast.net/~cy56/AspectRatio%20workaround.png

Plot3D[
 x y,

 PlotRange -> {{-4, 4}, {-4, 4}, {-4, 4}},
 AspectRatio -> 2,
 SphericalRegion -> True
 ]