Drawing a Line From One Plot to Another

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127762] Drawing a Line From One Plot to Another
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:27:43 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Alexei Boubitch, ALexander Elkins, Bob Hanlon, and Vincenzo Carrino, for your thoughtful suggestions.  The approach of

	Show[GraphicsColumn[{Plot[myFirstPlot], Plot[mySecondPlot]}], Graphics[Line[{pt1, pt2}]]]

was showing promise, but it is finicky even when PlotRangePadding, ImagePadding, and PlotRange, are kept constant.  I can get it working for one set of parameters, but in a Manipulate it unfortunately breaks down.  I'll keep tinkering.

Regards,

Gregory