Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129048] Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation
  • From: Reinhard Simonovits <Reinhard.Simonovits at uni-graz.at>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 23:32:53 -0500 (EST)

On 08.12.2012 20:17, Prof. Jake wrote:
> Did you find out if this is possible?  I want and need to do the same thing.

Yes, no problem.

The installer of M9 asks you by a checkbox if you would like to
uninstall your older copy of M. It is unchecked by default.

Now I have two copies,  M8 and M9 on my laptop.

Murray Eisenberg added a good advice, since I play around with the menu
settings:

"Depending on your situation, you_may_  wish to set the option to keep
separate preferences for different versions. To do that, open the
Preferences (on Mac -- Options on Windows, I think) and select the
System tab on the resulting window. Check the box "Create and maintain
version specific front end preferences."

Liebe Grüße, Best wishes, Reinhard

              Dr. Reinhard Simonovits
Handelsakademie  |  Karl Franzens University
Math Department  |  Inst. for Mathematics
Grazbachgasse 71 |  Heinrichstrasse 36
               A-8010 Graz, Austria

Email: Reinhard.Simonovits at uni-graz.at