Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129058] Mathematica 9 does not read mathematica 8 ".mx" files
  • From: NBM <noomenov at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 02:24:05 -0500 (EST)

Having written a lot of code on M8, I recently switched to M9 and tried to
run the code which starts by loading an .mx file written by M8, but M9 wouldn't read it saying that it was written on another machine. This is a major incompatibility issue between M8 and M9. Fortunately I kept my M8 installation, so for now, M9 is useless to me.
Please a solution.